- 200g mushroom, chopped (use fresh for extra flavour. avoid canned) – $3
- 1 L vege stock – $2. Any stock is on average, $2 per litre. Buy the reduced one in a pot and use as needed so you don’t use too much.
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- Stir-fry onion until fragrant. Add garlic. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper
- Add flour and stir. Add wine until combined.
- Add vege stock and simmer. Add cream and stir.
- Blend to desired consistency and serve.
Feedback: Would not make this again given cost + too many flavouring additions (stock powder, cream, etc). Also mushrooms don’t have a huge amount of nutrition at this level. Best to make Onion Soup if desired. It’s also much easier.