|Serves:||10 – 12|
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 celery sticks ($1)
- 500g lean beef $7
- 2 cans of chickpeas/other beans ($1)
- 1-2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 1.5 cup of beef stock ($1)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 kg red potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes until soft. Work on the filling in the mean time.
- Saute onion and garlic. Add carrot, celery. Add beef until brown.
- Add Worchester sauce and tomato paste and beef stock
- Add peas, drained chickpeas / other beans
- Cook everything and spoon onto the tray.
- Make potato topping. Top onto meat tray. Cover with parmesan cheese to add crispiness.
Hearty meal which doesn’t get old. Lots of goodness. Serves a family for days.