- 1kg orange sweet potato – cubed ($2 per kg)
- 1 cup chicken stock ($1)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional maple syrup + bacon topping
- 3 strips of bacon
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Saute onion in butter until cooked. Add sweet potatoes, herbs and stir.
- Add stock and simmer until potatoes soft. Add water and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Optional topping – Fry bacon in maple syrup until crunchy. Cut into small pieces.
Quick and very nutritious. Can add pasta or rice to turn this into a meal.